Transportation to Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
Phong Nha- Ke Bang National Park is located in Quang Binh province in the North central coast region, about 500km south of Ha noi and 200km north of Hue. around 40 km from Dong Hoi city, Dong Hoi Airport and Dong Hoi Railways station.
Most bus companies will now stop directly in Phong Nha, and taking a bus is therefore becoming a popular choice amongst travellers as it saves on the additional transfer required from Dong Hoi (closest train station and airport to Phong Nha).
1. Dong Hoi to Phong Nha
– Public bus running every hours from 6h00 – 17h00. price: 30,000 VND/ person
– Taxi cost: 500,000 – 550,000 VND
2. Hanoi to Phong Nha
– Sleeping bus from Hanoi to Phong Nha – this is the cheapest and most convenient way, all the tour bus leave Hanoi at 18h00 and arrival at 04h00. Price: 300,000 VND/ person (Camel Bus, Queen Cafe Bus and Hung Thanh Bus )
Hung Thanh Bus is Highly recommended
– Train to Phong Nha, actually the train go to Dong Hoi railways station. Price: 650.000 – 680.000 VND/ person
• SE1 – departs Ha Noi at 7:30 PM (19:30) and arrives the following morning in Dong Hoi at 5:35 AM
• SE19 – departs Ha Noi at 8:10 PM (20:10) and arrives the following morning in Dong Hoi at 6:10 AM
• SE4 – departs Dong Hoi at 7:52 PM (19:52) and arrives the following morning in Ha Noi at 5:30 AM
– Air to Phong Nha: The easiest mode of transport is to take a flight here from Hanoi, it being just a 50 mins flight. However, you have to factor in the time travelling to the airport (1 hour from old quarter) and the fact there are only 4 to 5 flights per week. It is best to check the Vietnam Airlines website ahead of time to ensure you can catch a flight on your desired travel dates. If you take a flight you will have to book a transfer from Dong Hoi to Phong Nha.
VN 8591 08:05 – 09:30
3. Hue to Phong Nha
– Sleeping bus (Camel bus, Quen cafe bus, Hung Thanh bus) leaves at 17h00 and arrival at 21h00 -21h30. Price: 150,000 VND/ person
– Train to Phong Nha, actually the train go to Dong Hoi railways station. Price: 250.000 – 280.000 VND/ person
– Private car: 2.000.000 VND
4. Hoian to Phong Nha
– Sleeping bus (Camel bus, Quen cafe bus, Hung Thanh bus) leaves at 13h00 – 13h30 and arrival at 21h00 -21h30. Price: 300,000 VND/ person
– Train Da Nang city to Dong Hoi
5. Ho Chi Minh to Phong Nha
The only practical way to journey between Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) and Phong Nha is to take a flight with Vietnam Airlines (or from February, Jetstar Pacific Airlines) to Dong Hoi City (located 45 mins drive from Phong Nha). The tickets cost between $80 and $120 each way and please note the flights are not daily.
The bus and train journeys are both just too long to be viable options for those wanting to get quickly between the two cities. Alternatively, for those on a budget but who have a little bit more time, it’s common to find that the cheapest flights are often available between HCMC and Da Nang or Hue (versus direct to Dong Hoi). From Da Nang or Hue, one can find a train to get to Dong Hoi, or even a bus to Phong Nha directly.
There are three flight from HCM city flight to Dong Hoi everyday, you can check flight as below:
Jetstar: BL 350 17:55 – 19:30
Vietjet: VJ 262 10:15 – 11:50
VN Airline: VN 1400 07:30 – 09:05